The theme of JASC’s 2015 benefit, Many Faces, One Community, was chosen in celebration of JASC’s dynamic and expanding community which has grown beyond simplistic historic or demographic definitions:
- Japanese Americans who self-identify by generation
- Hapa or double (mixed race/ethnicity) children and grandchildren
- Long-term Japanese émigres
- Non-Japanese wives and husbands who have married in and adopted the Japanese culture as their own; and
- People without any Japanese descent but who love our food or culture or are involved in our programs
All are part of our community, and all contribute to Living Our Culture.