Saturday, January 13, 2018
Click Image for more information!
Please join JASC and Tohkon Judo Academy in welcoming in the New Year at the annual Kagami-Biraki celebration.
The festivities will begin with the traditional rice pounding ceremony, Mochi-Tsuki. Complimentary sweet rice cakes, Mochi, will will available to all participants. Rev. Fumioka will perform a traditional Japanese Tenrikyo purification service, and entertainment will be provided by Kokyo Taiko, Chicago Aikido Club, and Tohkon Judo Academy. We will conclude with a potluck fellowship luncheon, and we ask for your support in bringing a serving of one of your specialties to share with others.
- 8am-noon- traditional Mochi-Tsuki rice pounding (complimentary Mochi)
- noon-Tenrikyo Oharai purification ceremony by Rev Goro Oki
- 12:40pm-Kokyo Taiko Japanese drumming performance
- 1:10pm- demonstration by Chicago Aikido Club
- 1:30pm- demonstration by Tohkon Judo Academy
- 2:00pm- potluck fellowship luncheon
Share the Facebook event page with your friends and family!