Job Description (Part-time)
Purpose: To help older adults remain safely and independently in their homes; provide or assists with activities of daily living.
- Homemakers (HM) provide and assist individuals with in-home support services. Under the Manager’s direction HM follows client’s written plan of care;
- carries out duties as assigned by Manager;
- observes Client’s functioning and reports to Home Support Services Manager;
- conducts essential shopping/errands and provides documentation, maintains records of daily activities and direct hours of service.
- HM performs or assists Clients with personal care;
- provides routine housekeeping tasks including laundry;
- performs or assists Clients with meal preparation
- escorts clients to appointments.
- Able to lift 30lbs, stand for long periods and climb up and down stairs.
- Must be able to travel to Client’s home and assist Client on public transportation.
- Position requires H.S. Diploma, G.E.D., or one year of employment in a comparable human service capacity or experience in care for a dependent child or adult family member.
- Applicant must pass a background and fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of 24 hours of pre-service training offered by JASC.
- Annual completion of 12 hours of in-service training to maintain employment.
- Work experience with older adults, is flexible and has personal integrity.
- Possesses ability to follow written and oral instructions and accept constructive feedback.
- A basic knowledge of home management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and if possible, an additional language.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personal so classified.
We are looking for Homemakers to serve our diverse client-base and ready to train new workers! Please contact Sodarlene Khee at 773.275.0097 x223 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to set up an interview.
JASC is an equal opportunity employer.